Today is National Pancake Day. According to my Google search, IHOP started this celebration in 2006, and this year, they’ve raised $3.9 million for charity. That’s impressive. 🙂
In honor of National Pancake Day, I thought I would share my latest recipe with you guys. Birthday Cake Pancakes! My birthday was two weeks ago, but I like to celebrate the entire month of September. 🙂 These pancakes are delicious and a fun twist for breakfast or dinner.
Here’s What You Need:
For the Pancakes
- 1 1/2 Cups Flour
- 2/3 Cup Cake mix
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 3/4 Teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 1 Egg
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 Cups Milk
For the Vanilla Glaze
- 1 cup Powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Milk
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Assorted Sprinkles, Optional
- Combine flour, cake mix, baking powder, sugar, and salt into a bowl and mix well.
- Stir in egg, vanilla extract, and milk until smooth. The batter should be just like regular pancake batter. Not too thick, not too thin.
- Preheat skillet. I use an electric skillet and set it to 300 degrees.
- Coat skillet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Ladle batter onto skillet for larger pancakes. Use a tablespoon for medium sized pancakes.
- Allow batter to cook until bubbles begin to form on top. This takes about 2-3 minutes.
- Flip and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. The pancake should be golden brown on each side.
- To make the Vanilla Glaze, stir powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and milk together until you have the desired consistency. You may need to add a little more powdered sugar or milk to achieve the desired consistency.
- Drizzle vanilla glaze onto each pancake and add sprinkles on top if desired.
Pair with sausage or bacon and enjoy! 🙂